
打电话的英语短语1
(一) 打电话的人找的是你自己,你又恰好接了电话。
A: Daisy 在吗?
Is Daisy there?
B: 我就是。
1. Speaking.
2. This is she/he.
3. You're speaking/talking to her/him.
4. This is Daisy。
5. That's me. 我就是。
(二) 打电话的人要找的人不在
A: May I speak to Mr. Gates? (请问 Gates 先生在吗?)
B: 1.He's not here right now. 他现在不在这里。
2. He's out. 他出去了。
3. He's in a meeting right now. 他现在正在开会。
4. You've just missed him. 你刚好错过他了。
5. He's just stepped out. 他刚好出去了。
(三) 打电话的人要找的人不在, 问对方是否要留言
A: Can I talk to Mark? (Mark在吗?)
B:1. He's out on his lunch break right now. Would you like to leave a message? 他出去吃午饭了, 你要留言吗?
2. He's not available right now. Can I take a message? 他不在, 我可以帮你传话吗?
(四) 打电话的人问他要找的人何时回来
A: Do you know when he will be back? 你知道他什么时候会回来吗?
B: 1. I'm sorry. I don't know. 抱歉, 我不知道。
2. He should be back in 20 minutes. 他应该二十分钟内会回来。
(五)打电话的人要找的人不在, 愿意接受对方的留言
A: Can I leave a message? 我可以留个话?
B: 1. Yes. Go ahead, please. 可以, 请继续。
2. Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab a pen and paper. 当然, 稍等一下让我拿个纸笔。
3. Sure, if you can excuse me for just a second. Let me find a piece of paper to write it down. 当然, 如果你可以等我一下, 让我找张纸写下来。
(六) 接受对方留言时听不清楚, 希望对方重复
A: When he comes back, can you have him call me at (206) 5551212? B: 1. Can you repeat again, please? 能不能请你再重复一次?
2. (Say) again, please? 再说一次好吗?
3. Pardon? 抱歉。(请再说一次)
4. I'm sorry? 抱歉。(请再说一次)
(七) 对方希望留话, 怕听错了, 不想接受对方的留言
A: May I leave a message? 我能否留个话?
B: 1. You know what? My English is not that great, and I don't want to miss anything. Would you mind calling back later? I'm sorry.
我的英文不是非常好, 我不想听错话。你介意稍后再打来吗? 我很抱歉。
2. If you don't mind, could you please call back and leave a message on the answering machine? My English is not very good.
如果你不介意的话, 能否请你再打一次, 然后在录音机上留言? 我的英文不是很好。
打电话的英语短语2
一.留电话答录机:
1. This is a recording. Sorry missed your call. Please leave a message after the beep. Thank you.
这是电话答录机。我现在不在家,请在哔的一声之后开始留言。谢谢!
(*: 电话答录机 是 telephone answering machine)
2. This is Carol. Please give me a call when you are free. My number is 2244-6688.
我是卡洛。有空请回电话给我。我的号码是2244-****。
二. 道谢接受别人的礼物或招待后,打电话道谢为最起码的礼貌之一:
1. Thank you for the present. It’s just what I wanted. 谢谢你的礼物,这正是我想要
2. Thank you so much for the homemade cake. 非常谢谢你作的蛋糕。
3. I don’t know how to thank you for such a beautiful flower. 真不知道要如何谢谢你,这么漂亮的花。
4. I received your gift. Thank you for the lovely bracelet. 我收到你的礼物了。谢谢你可爱的手镯。
三. 听不清楚:
1. Sorry, I didn’t catch you.对不起,我听不懂你说的。
2. Sorry, I didn’t understand. 抱歉,我听不懂。
3. Sorry, I didn’t get what you said. 对不起,我没听懂你说的话。
4. I can’t hear you very well. 我听不太清楚。
5. I can barely hear you. 我几乎听不到你说的。
6. I’m having trouble hearing you. 我听不清楚。
7. We have a bad connection. 信号不太好。
8. I can’t catch what you are saying. 我听不太清楚你说的话。
发生上面的情况,你可以请对方在重复一遍,你可以说:
1. Pardon?请再说一遍好吗?
2. Excuse me? 请再说一遍?上列两句都是对不起之意,但用在会话上,如果后面没有接说明,并且语尾上扬,就是要对方再说一次。听到这句话时就要知道对方要自己再说一遍。
3. I beg your pardon? 能请你再说一遍吗?(此句有请求对方原谅及再说一次的意思)
4. Could you repeat that, please? 能请你再说一遍吗?
5. Would you say that again? 你能再说一遍吗?
打电话的英语短语3
一.打错电话:
1. I’m sorry I have the wrong number. 抱歉我打错电话了。 (打错电话通常用:have the wrong number 表示)
2. Is this 02-2718-5398? 这里是02-2718-5398吗?
3. Sorry to have bothered you. 很抱歉打扰你了。
4. I’m sorry. I think I must have dialed the wrong number. 很抱歉。我想我一定是打错电话了。
5. Could I check the number? Is it 2211-3344 我可以核对一下电话号码吗?是不是2211-3344?
解析:1. 区域号码是 area code 2. 电话号码的念法: 02-2211-3224念成:area code zero-two, two-two-one-one-three-two-two-four.* 0 可念成 oh 或 zero* 22 可念成 two-two 或 double two
二. 抱歉这么晚打来的说法:
1. I’m sorry to call you so late. 对不起这么晚打电话来。
2. I hope I didn’t catch you at a bad time. 抱歉这种时候找你。(含有希望没有打扰到你的意思)
3. I hope I didn’t wake you up so early. 我希望这么早没有吵到你。
4. I’m sorry to call you so early. 对不起这么早打电话来。
5. I’m sorry to bother you at this hour. 很抱歉在这时打扰你。
三. 有急事时的表达方法:
1. It’s urgent. Could I have her mobile phone number? 我有急事,可不可以告诉我她的手机号码?
2. Could you tell me where I can reach her? 能不能告诉我在哪里可以找到她?
3. This is an emergency. I need to get in contact with him right now. 能不能告诉我在哪里可以找到他。
四. 若对方不在的说法:
1. It’s nothing important. 没什么重要事。
2. It’s nothing urgent. Thank you, good-bye. 没什么要紧事,谢谢您,再见。
3. I’ll call her again. 我会再打给她。
4. I’ll call back later. 我稍后会再打来。
5. Please ask Miss Chen to call me back. 请陈小姐给我回电话。
6. Could you tell her to call Carol as soon as possible? 能不能请她尽快打电话给卡洛?
7. Ask her to call Carol at home after seven, please. 麻烦她在七点后打电话到卡洛家。
8. Can I leave a message? 我可以留言吗?
9. Please have her return my call.请她回电话给我。
10. Could you ask him to call me back? 可以请他给我回电话吗?
11. Please tell her Carol called. 请告诉她卡洛找她。
12. Let me call back later again. Thank you. 我稍后再打电话来。谢谢你。
13. Please tell him to phone 2233-4455. 请他给2233-4455回电话。
1.It's hot enough to melt hell. I hope it will be cooler soon.
现在热得足以把地狱熔化了,希望很快能够凉快一点。
2.It's stifling! I can hardly breathe.
天气太闷热了!我都没法呼吸了。
3.I can't bare the heat; I am leaking!
我受不了这么热,我浑身都在滴水!
4.I am sweating like a pig, and I'm not doing anything.
虽然我什么都没做,但还是汗流浃背。
5.Let's stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.
我们呆在家里吧,人行道上都可以煎蛋了。
6.I don't want to go out; it's raining fire!
我不想出去,天气火热火热的!
7.It's too hot to think. I need to find someplace to cool off.
热得我都没法思考。我需要找个地方凉快凉快。
8.Today is a thermometer breaker! Let's go swimming.
今天热得温度计都要爆了!我们去游泳吧。
9.It's hot with a capital "H". Turn up the air conditioner!
今天是最热的一天,快把空调打开!
10.It's not just hot, It's Africa hot! This wather is terrible.
不止是热,是像非洲一样热!天热得吓人。
电话留言&打电话遇到困难时怎么办?
电话留言
我是加里米尔斯,请尽快跟我联络。
This is Gary Mills calling. Please call me as soon as possible.
我是ABC公司的加里米尔斯,请回来后给我回电话。我的电话号码是1234-1234。
This is Gary Mills of ABC. Please call me when you get home. My number is 1234-1234.
这是电话录音。
This is a recording. 录音带中的固定说法。
打电话遇到困难时
您能说慢一点儿吗?
Please speak a little more slowly.
Would you slow down, please?
我听不清楚。
I can't hear you very well.
Are you free tomorrow? (明天有空吗?)
I can't hear you very well. (我听不清楚。)
I can barely hear you. (我一点儿都听不见。)
I'm having trouble hearing you. (我听不太清楚。)
电话线好像有毛病。
We have a bad connection.
This is a really bad line.
您能再大点儿声吗?
Could you speak up, please?
Please speak a little louder.
Would you speak up a little, please?
串线了。
The lines are crossed. line 是指telephone line“电话线”,cross "交叉”、“干扰”。
The lines must be crossed. (肯定是串线了。)
对不起,让您久等了。
I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.
I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. (对不起,让您久等了。)
That's okay. (没关系。)
I'm sorry for the delay. (对不起,我来晚了。)
Sorry to have kept you waiting. (抱歉,让您久等了。)
谢谢您等我。
Thank you for waiting.
你给我的电话号码是错的。
You gave me the wrong number.
The number you gave me was wrong.
十句话夸赞男孩很有魅力
You really look sharp in that new outfit.
你穿那套衣服看起来很帅。
You look very smart in your new suit.
你穿上新衣服显得很帅。
How handsome he looks in his fine clothes.
他穿上漂亮衣服瞧上去多帅。
You look cool in this new jacket.
你穿这件新茄克帅极了。
You look fresh, and cool and civilized.
你看起来很精神,文静,有教养。
He is parlous handsome.
他潇洒极了。
I mean he's very nice.
我是说他风流潇洒罢了。
He was a real sport.
他真是一个潇洒的家伙。
He is a handsome and honest boy.
他是个诚实又潇洒的男孩。
His deportment is beautiful.
他的风度很潇洒。
日常口语之内科门诊
怎么啦?
What's the matter?
您能描述一下症状吗?
Can you describe the symptoms?
您发烧吗?
Have you got a fever?
有恶心的感觉吗?
Do you have the feeling of nausea?
这里疼吗?
Does it hut here?
以前有过这种情况吗?
Has this been a problem before?
您这种情况有多长时间了?
How long have you had this problem?
你以前有过这种腹痛吗?
Have you ever had this kind of abominal pain before?
我想做些检查。
I'd like to run some tests.
检验结果一周后能知道。
The results shuold be back in a week.
你得了急性阑尾炎,而且可能穿孔了。
You've got acute appenicits, probably perforated.
你的肝脏出过毛病吗?
Have you ever had any problems with your liver?
你得的是消化不良。
You've got indigestion.
这个病不传染。
It's not contagious.
我给您开个处方。
I'm going to write you a prescription.
您对什么药物过敏吗?
Are you allergic to any medications?
你需要放松休息。
You need to relax.
您正在好转。
You're getting better.
您已经好了。
You're well now.
八句话催促对方快点
You'd better hurry up.
你最好还是快点。
Hurry up, we're wasting time.
快点儿吧,我们别再浪费时间了。
We must bustle up a bit.
我们必须稍微快点儿。
Be quick! The train leaves in 5 minutes!
快点!再过五分钟火车就要开了。
Come on, shake a leg, we're late already.
好啦,快点儿吧,我们已经晚啦。
Let's hurry and catch up with the group ahead.
我们快点,赶上前面的那一伙人。
Come along or we'll be late.
快点儿吧,要不然就迟到了。
Look alive! You'll miss the bus.
快点儿啊!你要赶不上公共汽车了。
让谈话远离僵局的3个技巧
文章摘要:以提问的方式重复别人的最后一句话,这种技巧可以称之为“鹦鹉学舌”。因为每个人都喜欢就自己感兴趣的方面展开话题,如果你重复他们已经说的话,就等于为他们的个人爱好“煽风点火”。
1. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat 重复重复再重复
以提问的方式重复别人的最后一句话,这种技巧可以称之为“鹦鹉学舌”。因为每个人都喜欢就自己感兴趣的方面展开话题,如果你重复他们已经说的话,就等于为他们的个人爱好“煽风点火”。
Example:
You: What did you get up to on the weekend。
你:周末干嘛去了?
Him: Went to the ball game on Saturday.
他:周六去看球赛了。
You: You went to the game on Saturday?
你:你周六去看球赛啦?
Him: Yeh, I did, took my son along for his first game. But it was good to see my team win!
他:是啊,带我儿子去看了他人生第一场球赛。不过很高兴我们队获胜了!
You: So it was good to see the team win?
你:所以说球队获胜了让你很高兴吧?
Him: Yeh, they have been strugglinga lot lately, and had lots of injuries。
他:是啊,他们近期一直很努力,为此受了很多伤。
想想用这种办法你能聊多久!
2. Become a word spy 注意他人的用词
你需要注意听对方说到的一些词,然后锁定一个目标,作为接下去的问题或话题。
Example:
大多数人都遇到过那种说话只说几个字,看上去态度很粗鲁的人吧。
You: So been busy today?
你:今天很忙吧?
Him: Yes. (one word answer)
他:是。(一个字)
You: How's the weather today? Pretty wet, isn't it?
你:今天天气怎么样?挺潮湿的不是吗?
Him: Yes, but the farmers will stop complaining. (again in the rude voice)
他:是,但是农民们不会再抱怨了。(仍然是粗鲁的语气)
很多人大概会继续问些无聊的问题,但是你应该抓住他所提到的farmer这个词。
You: You know some farmers, don't you?
你:你认识一些农民不是吗?
Him: Yes, I actually grew up on a farm. (his tone of voice graduallystarting to change)
他:是啊,其实我在农场上长大。(语气逐渐转变)
You: So did I. Where was you farm?
你:我也是的。你家农场在哪儿?
从这里开始,对话就能继续进行下去了。
给大家的提示:人在交谈中遇到自己感兴趣的事物时,就不会用一两个字打发过去。你就需要去发现这一点,找到他们的兴趣所在,点燃谈话热情。
3. Eavesdrop偷听
这个技巧从字面本身就可以理解了吧,在你想要向陌生人(比如和你同一领域的商业大腕,想要认识的知名人士,甚至是可爱的女孩子)介绍自己时可以运用。你只需在一旁倾听他同别人都谈些什么,估测这人的兴趣所在。如果发现某个自己可以参与的话题,那就是你上场的时候了。
Example:
你听到他们说起法国之旅,你可以走过去说:
I couldn't help but overhearyou were going to head to Paris later in the summer, I am actually a big fan of the city and have been there several times myself.
我无意中听到你们说在夏天晚些时候要去巴黎,事实上我超喜欢那座城市,而且已经去过几次了。
这样就是一个很好的开始,而且足以让对话进行下去。
Overkill 夸张的想法
Larry和李华一起去参观艺术博物馆,他们会用到一个常用语:Overkill,这个词本来的意思是过度杀伤,现在引申为“夸张、过分的想法或行为”。
LH:Larry, 听我的没错吧。逛艺术博物馆比看电影强多了!
L: Well I agree. But the art museum would be even better if it served popcorn too!
LH:这倒也是,要是博物馆里也卖爆米花、热狗、啤酒,边逛边吃,那该有多舒服啊!
L: Hot dogs and beer? I don't know, Lihua. I think that might be overkill.
LH:Overkill是什么意思?
Overkill 夸张的想法
L: When you think that an idea goes too far, you can say that it is overkill.
LH:哦,overkill就是过份的想法或行为。你是说,在博物馆里卖爆米花似乎还不错,可如果连热狗和啤酒都一起卖就太夸张了。
L: That's right! Here is another example. Elliot's boss thought about firing him for being an hour late to work, but then decided that would be overkill.
LH:哦,Elliot迟到了一个小时,老板本来想因为这个而炒他的鱿鱼,不过后来觉得,这么做未免太过份了。对了,Larry,博物馆这么好,我们天天来这里逛如何?
L: Lihua, I really enjoy the art gallery, but coming here every single day would definitely be overkill.
LH:什么过份,你真没有艺术细胞!我的艺术气质比你浓多了,我在想我干脆去读个艺术史的博士好了。
L: Lihua, it's fine to enjoy art as a hobby, but I think getting a PhD in art history would really be overkill.
LH:呵呵,我开玩笑的。对了Larry,你还记得上次咱们去华盛顿看兵马俑展览么?
L: I sure do! That was one of my favorites.
LH:就是,多好看啊。可惜展出的只是一部分,要是所有兵马俑都到美国来展览就好了!
L; I don't know ... I was satisfied seeing just a few. I think bringing the entire collection here!would be overkill.
LH:才不会呢!要看就得看全的!那个气势,肯定不一样!我给你买张机票,你去中国看吧!
L: Lihua, it's nice that you're encouraging me to see the Teracotta Warriors, but buying me a plane ticket to China is definitely overkill!



